1. Our positive effort to provide advanced medical care centered on endoscopic treatments.
2. Precise diagnoses of digestive diseases in cooperation with experts in diagnostic imaging.
3. Diagnosis and emergent hemostatic treatment for digestive tract hemorrhage as a designated tertiary emergency care hospital.
4. Notable advanced medical care in the field of biliary tract and pancreas diseases.
- Bile duct stone, pancreatic calculus: Endoscopic lithotripsy, Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL)
- Malignant biliary tract diseases, IgG4-related diseases: Diagnoses with Peroral Cholangioscopy (POCS)
- Bile duct / pancreatic duct stenosis: Endoscopic / percutaneous drainage, stent insertion
- Pancreatic cancer / pancreatic cyst: Endoscopic Ultrasound-guided Fine Needle Aspiration (EUS-FNA), endoscopic ultrasounds-guided drainage
- Duodenal papilla adenoma: Endoscopic resection
5. Appropriate treatments for the full spectrum of liver diseases.
To treat chronic hepatitis C, we mainly use Direct Acting Antivirals (DAAs). For the treatment of chronic hepatitis B, we choose nucleic acid analogues, interferon, etc. To treat portal hypertension accompanying cirrhosis, we provide not only oral medicines and catheter therapy including Balloon-occluded Retrograde Transvenous Obliteration (B-RTO), Partial Splenic Embolization (PSE), etc., but also endoscopic therapy including Endoscopic Variceal Ligation (EVL), Endoscopic Injection Sclerotherapy (EIS), etc.
6. Multidisciplinary therapy for digestive system cancer in consideration of patients’ QOL
For early-stage tumors in digestive systems (stomach, esophagus, large intestine, etc.), we proactively perform Endoscopic Submucosal Dissection (ESD) which is a less-invasive therapy. The number of ESD performed are rapidly increasing.
For liver cancer, depending on each patient’s condition (level of liver cancer progression, hepatic reserve, etc.), we treat it in our department using various methods including Radiofrequency Ablation (RFA), Transcatheter Arterial Chemo-Embolization (TACE), Hepatic Arterial Infusion Chemotherapy (HAIC), molecular-targeted therapy, etc., and surgical resection and radiation therapy are also performed in cooperation with our surgery and radiology departments. We choose the optimal therapy for every patient, resulting in we get much better patient outcome.
We always give our first priority to the patients’ Quality of Life (QOL), and decide on a course of treatments in consideration of the patient’s requests. For the terminal patients, we work together with our palliative care team to improve their QOL.
7. Endoscopic therapy as main treatments for esophageal and gastric varices.